Applying for a course at the University of Franche-Comté

Depending on your nationality and your level of study, you must follow the procedure that matches your situation:

  • Apply if you are a European student: all the information here
  • Apply if you live in Europe but are not European: all the information here
  • Apply if you reside in a country affected by the “Études en France” procedure* : all information here
  • Apply if you are not European or living in a country affected by the “Études en France” procedure: all the information here

* The “Études en France” (EEF) procedure only involves foreign students residing in one of the following 44 countries: Algeria, Argentina, Benin, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo Brazzaville, Democratic Republic of Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Gabon, Guinea, Haiti, India, Indonesia, Iran, Japan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritius, Mauritania, Mexico, Morocco, Nigeria, Peru, Russia, Senegal, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, United States and Vietnam.

Registering at the University of Franche-Comté

In exchange programmes (Erasmus +, ISEP, BCI, IAU)

You should contact the exchange officers and the international office of your home institution.

Exchange students will not receive a diploma from the University of Franche-Comté but a transcript of records. Before leaving your university, you should therefore make sure that the studies you have completed at the University of Franche-Comté will be valid at your home university and prepare a study programme with your home institution’s officials.

When you arrive in Franche-Comté, you should contact the international office of the University of Franche-Comté (DRIF), which will provide you with all the necessary assistance and give you a provisional certificate of registration.

Excluding exchange programmes

Before registering, you will have to pay the Contribution vie étudiante et de campus (CVEC), intended to finance certain services of the University of Franche-Comté and the Crous (organisation that provides reception and social, health, cultural and athletic support). For the academic year 2020-2021, the amount of the CVEC is 92 euros. The settlement is made by payment or by exemption on the website

You must then use the platform to register at the University of Franche-Comté and pay your registration fees. Select your language at the bottom of the page.

Pay the registration fee

In exchange programmes (Erasmus +, ISEP, BCI, IAU)

Exchange students benefit from special registration conditions. In some cases, they are exempt from these conditions. Please check with the international office of your home institution before your departure.

Excluding exchange programmes

Are you a student from a country of the European Union, the European Economic Area or Switzerland? The registration fees are identical to those paid by French students.

Are you a student from outside the European Union? By decision of the President of the University of Franche-Comté, students coming from outside of the EU subject to differentiated fees systematically benefit, without any express request on their part, from a partial exemption reducing the fees to be paid to the same amount paid by French students for the same diploma.

Tuition fees for the academic year 2020-2021 set by the Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation:

  • 170 euros: for one year in the Bachelor’s cycle
  • 243 euros: for one year in a master cycle
  • 380 euros: for one year of doctorate
  • 601 euros: for one year of engineering training course

Payment is made when you register administratively at the university on the platform (online, by credit card).

Students with French government scholarships are exempt from all these fees.

Application for visa / residence permit

Depending on your nationality, your situation and the length of your stay, you may be able to obtain a visa to study:

  • for a stay of less than 3 months, you will be issued a short-stay visa.
  • for a course of study of more than 3 months, you will be issued a long-stay visa which is a residence permit subject to formalities upon your arrival in France.

More information:

Activate your digital work environment

To activate your digital work environment (ENT), go to with your INE number (written on your school certificate).

This personal workspace allows you to access:

  • your academic file, your grades and your exam results,
  • your schedule,
  • your university messaging system used by your teachers and the different services of the university to contact you,
  • storage and file sharing space,
  • direct access to the various university services (teaching resources, documentaries, job and internship offers, etc.).

Delivery of your student card (PASS'UBFC)

The PASS’UBFC is a multi-service card given at the beginning of the school year and valid throughout your schooling. It serves as a:

  • student card,
  • payment card in university restaurants by adding money to one’s account on fr (mobile application available for Android, iOS, Windows)
  • access card to the computer rooms, athletic facilities… located on campus
  • access card to university library services (borrowing, printing, copying…).

It is valid in all the Crous residences of Bourgogne-Franche-Comté and in the seven establishments that make up the Federal University Bourgogne-Franche-Comté: the University of Franche-Comté, the University of Technology Belfort-Montbéliard (UTBM), the National Higher School of Mechanics and Microtechnology (ENSMM), the University of Bourgogne, Agrosup Dijon, Burgundy School of Business (BSB), and Arts et Métiers campus de Cluny (ENSAM).

Conditions générales